Monday, August 23, 2010

A little bit of focus achieved

As I said in my last entry, I've felt a little aimless lately without a to-do list.  I am pleased to report that I've crossed a few things off my list today, and it feels good.  I've got some of my energy and focus back, even if it is for just a day. 

Things achieved today:

*  Went to Target & got Julia some clothes and diapers
*  Went grocery shopping
*  Went to work (duh)
*  Called my uncle (dad's brother) in Pittsburgh.  Talked with him for an hour.  He's my only relative still alive from my dad's side.  (I ponder why I plan so much for retirement when the odds are I'll be dead by 50.)  It was good to talk with him and catch up.  I think he likes to hear from me, as I am his ONLY living relative, aside from his wife and son. 
*  Called my aunt in California.  She wasn't home, but I left a message.  Still counts, right?
*  Instead of doing a long walk, I did The Shred, and then I did the Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training workout.  I could do it while S was at tae kwon do (since someone has to stay home with Miss J), and I worked muscles I don't normally work when walking. 
*  Wrote a thank you note
*  Went through and organized Julia's dresser drawers
*  Balanced my checkbook

And I'm on target to get to bed by 10pm!   When I put my mind to getting something done, I'm a machine.  It's just hard to put my mind to something for a continuous amount of time.  :)

2 comments:

Tamara Dawn said...

Oh man I need to get myself together and make a list too! I am soo unorganized and all over the place without a list to guide me!

Is the Jackie Warner workout good? She looks incredible in her previews for thintervention!

B said...

Tamara, I love the Jackie Warner workout. I've never seen her outside of the workouts, so I'm not sure what kind of image she portrays there.

Her workout is mostly strength training, which I like a lot. She's no-nonsense and not annoying. She has another DVD ("One on One Training" or something like that), and the other people doing the workout are really distracting. It's like they pulled them off the stripper pole to do the video. I like the Power Circuit Training one better.