Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Shidizzle My Daughter Says

Scene: I'm changing out of work clothes and into a royal blue sweatshirt & white flannel pajama pants with a royal blue and yellow plaid.  I was proud because my clothes matched for once.
Daughter says: "Why are you wearing Grandpa's clothes?"
Self-esteem completely deflates.  Is she saying I look like a 280 pound, 70 year old man she saw six months ago?  Flannel can be worn by younger people!  (Okay, okay, usually it's limited to flannel shirts with the general population...but still... I need to take this girl to a mall more.)

-----------
Scene: I'm changing her diaper.  Husband is on the couch eating. 
Daughter says: "Daddy, wanna come see my poop?"
I'm not sure WHY he didn't take her up on that offer.  :)

-----------

Scene: I'm laying in bed on the computer.  Daughter walks in.
Daughter says: "Wanna see a penis?"
Did I hear that right?  I must be hearing that wrong.  But I say sure and follow her out of the room.  She takes me into the bathroom where my husband is taking a shower.  She opens the door and points, "There's a penis!"  She then goes on to say other things that my 16 year old self thought and may have actually said back in the day.

-----------

She's starting to get a knife obsession.  And maybe trying to cut off dolls' heads with plastic knives, but I will deny that she's on the road to becoming a serial killer....
Daughter yells as she sits amongst her dolls: "I need some knives!"

-----------
Scene: I'm combing my hair into a ponytail.
Daughter says: "I want to be cute like you."
I feel immensely flattered.  No one's called me cute since 1988.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I love how her personality is really coming out now!

B said...

It is nice to see something other than screaming. ;)

Krista said...

Those are great! I love the things they say at this age.

B said...

It's hilarious, Krista. And potentially embarrassing in public, I can't wait for that!