Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holiday Rundown

Hiya, I just got back from a Christmas walk.  It's been so long since I've taken a walk by myself.  It's just the thing to make me feel so much more alive.  There's something about the crisp wind, seeing the lights in person, and enjoying the peace and quiet while strolling around the neighborhood.  And it's excellent thinking time.  I love my thinking time, I adore my thinking time, I need my thinking time. 

Christmas was all good here.  We had my mom, stepdad, and some friends over.  Julia loved the adoration of 6 adults.  I enjoyed the peace of everyone getting along.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the ham (I was the lone ham abstainer).  S's brother's family didn't end up coming.  I know S would have liked to see his brother, but I must say there is less drama and consternation without the brother's wife.  S's parents are stuck on the island due to flight schedules.

We made cookies for Santa yesterday, and Mommy ate most of them by this morning.  My mom made raisin bars yesterday, and I ate most of them by this afternoon.  My husband got me a big chocolate Hershey kiss, and that was gone by this evening.  See a theme?  I'm gonna have to get back on the working out routine if I want to lose the 4 lbs I was away from my personal goal + the 3 lbs I gained in the past week.  Yeah, I've got to lose 7 lbs now.  Ugh ugh ugh

Julia's favorite present was a laptop.  It's not a real laptop; sheesh, we're not overindulgent.  It's a laptop for a preschooler, and she LOVES it.  In fact, she's slept with it last night, took it to church last night, nap today, and to bed tonight.  She appropriated the lunchbox she got to be her laptop case.  Oh my, she's such a freaking nerd! 


Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (if you celebrate it)!

2 comments:

Marie Tere said...

Glad the day went well.

I thought of you tonight, as I ate 1, 2 or maybe more than 3 cookies. I still have a ton leftover. TROUBLE for me.

B said...

The past two weeks has been TROUBLE for me!