Friday, December 31, 2010

Completely Worthless Post

Having the last 10 days off has been wonderful.  There were a few days off before Christmas, but what I appreciate the most is having off the week between Christmas and New Year's.  It's the hazy, dreamy time with little responsibility when you subsist on Christmas leftovers.  I have about 1.5 gallons of turkey soup that I've been working on. No real cooking, no real responsibilities, no real stress...aaaaaaaah

I've read 10 books in the last week and a half.  I've taken naps, I've had lots of baths.  I've done puzzles with Julia and played with her toys with her.  It's been the type of relaxing that's good for the soul.  I like where I live, I like who I live with, it's just heaven to spend time with them without many other responsibilities interfering. 

I've caught up on celebrity gossip.  Who's dating whom, who just got engaged to whom, I feel like I'm somewhat caught up.  Although there were some people who got married, got divorced, and had kids in the past couple of years that I had no idea about.

I must confess that the only Kardashian that I can recognize is Kim.  The other ones...I have no freaking idea.  I'm so confused about that whole situation.  I thought one of them had a baby with a football player, or one of them was engaged to a football player.  One of them had a baby.  One was chubby and lost weight, not sure if that was the one who had the baby.  All I know is that all the sisters have a name that starts with "K," and I'm glad I'm not one of them. 

Still don't know anything about the Jersey Shore show.  Some dude is called Mike "The Situation," and there's some girl named Snooki with a fake tan.  That's the extent of my Jersey Shore knowledge.  And I'm cool with it.

Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett are getting a divorce!  Shocker!  *sarcasm*

Eva Longoria and Tony Parker are getting a divorce!  Shocker!  *sarcasm*

Hugh Hefner is getting remarried.  In my opinion, he's really, really aged in the past 5 years.  There's a point where an older guy is attractive/distinguished, and then there's the point where he is so old that he's like that Texas oil dude in a wheelchair that Anna Nicole married.  And, Hugh, you've crossed that line.  I feel kind of bad for Holly.  Remember how badly she wanted to marry Hugh, and he didn't want to marry her?  Then like a year later he's engaged to someone else.  It's kind of like how the stereotypical guy says, "I'm not ready for a relationship," and then six months later he's in a relationship with someone else.  He was ready for a relationship, just not with you.  Still, must suck for Holly. 

And, Denise Richards, you have the crappiest taste in men.  Seriously.  Sure, a bad boy can be fun, but there comes a time when perhaps stability can be scintillating in its own right.  Let's say I'm really, really forgiving, and I acknowledge that maybe Charlie Sheen has some allure.  I don't see his allure personally, particularly after his penchant for hookers and domestic violence came out.  But still, I'll give you a pass on Charlie.  At least you got out of that hot mess.  And then you went for a rocker.  Of all the rockers out there, probably Richie Sambora is potentially better than most.  But now, Nikki Sixx????  Really? 

I've really been enjoying rocking out to NKOTB and reading gossip sites.  This is the point where I probably need to go back to work.  I've tapped out of all the useful things I could be doing.

Happy New Year!

No comments: