Thursday, December 2, 2010

That would have been classy

Last holiday season the state did a trial of opening up liquor stores in a few shopping malls for the holidays.  Since the mall near my house is already ghetto unclassy (I do not lie), of course that mall was selected.  As luck would have it, they opened the liquor store in a vacant store that was about 25 feet from Santa.  I thought it was kind of weird and, yes, even more ghetto unclassy than the mall already is.

The store closed after the holidays.

However, in the spring a new store opened directly across from where the holiday liquor store was.  A tattoo and body piercing store!!!!  It's kind of goth-y; personally I think it's kind of interesting.  But... alas, in a mall it IS kind of unclassy to open a tattoo and body piercing parlor.  Lest you think I'm a stuck up snob, the store is positioned between an estate sale jewelry store and a Thai imports store... At least the mall has a Target and a Macy's and a movie theater. Those are the very few redeeming spots to the mall.

So, anyway, I go to the mall today and was BUMMED to find no holiday liquor store this year.  Why?  Because I had all sorts of jokes about going to the holiday liquor store, getting trashed, then going across the hall to the tattoo and body piercing shop and then stumble over to Santa to take a picture.    Classy!  Can you imagine how much fun you could have at the mall when you add liquor to the tattoos and body piercing?  And a picture with Santa to top it off!

Is it only my mind that goes to all sorts of seediness?  I would like to have a mind that is full of purity and whimsy, but I think I'm stuck with the one I've got. 

I searched the web for a tattooed adult holding a liquor bottle and sitting on Santa's lap.  That would have been most awesome, but unfortunately I couldn't find one to illustrate what image is going on in my head. 

No comments: