Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Onward to a new year

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a taskmaster.  Or taskmistress.  I love getting stuff done.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being lazy too.  A perfect day involves some lounging in front of a space heater, eating yummy food, taking a nap, taking a bath, and knocking a few things off my to do list.

So here goes, my 2011 goals in written list form.

-Lose 13.6 pounds.  I've pretty much have gotten a complete home gym in the past month, no excuses, get rid of the sweets in the house, focus, focus, focus.   

-Write 1 short story

-Outline a novel and write 30 pages of it

-Asset allocation.  In the past few years, I've been distracted with having a child, moving, remodeling, and our monthly and annual budget.  With the stock market doing okay this year, I was surprised to open our retirement account statements and see appreciable gains.  I haven't made any asset allocation decisions since early 2008.  Long overdue.  I really need to review this.

-Wills!  I did mine in 2008 but never had anyone witness it.  Gotta re-review it, nag husband about his by letting him read this, and get those done & signed.  The best prompt is to ask him if he wants Julia to end up with our sister-in-law.  Hells to the no.  So get your will done.

-Finish Dewey project.  I was at the library today looking at the 67_ and 68_ sections.  I hate to stereotype, but I will anyway.  Those are the boy sections.  They should just have "Boy" listed instead of a Dewey decimal number.  Those sections are books about welding, cigars and guns.  Boy section if I ever heard one.  I don't want to learn about welding, cigars or guns.  Sure, that chick from Flashdance welded, but other than that one anomaly (that was fictional) I don't know many female welders.  Ugh, I'm so not looking forward to that section.  All of these things seem to be more things that you practice instead of read about.  If I read a book about welding, it's not like you're going to let me within 50 feet of hot metal.  Please don't.  Bad things will happen.  Have I showed you my 8th grade woodshop project?  I'll show it soon.  It will prove to you that I should not operate any machinery.

-Focus some energy on new blog and try to get that more up and running.

-Work on the jungle that is the backyard.

-Paint chair railings and around the windows.

-I'll leave one slot open for an addition in the new year.

No comments: