Many thanks to Melissa for this blog award! Melissa is so motivating to me. She has lost oodles of weight in the past 6 months, looks terrific, works full-time, is on the school board, has 2 kids, and still finds time to exercise. And I'm just tired contemplating it all.
I want to thank the Academy and all of those who give me topics to rant about. :)
The rules are as follows:
Accept the award, post it on your blog, along with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Be sure to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
15 blogs? Wowsers, that's a lot of blogs. I'm going to hand out a few now and a few more later. Is that okay? I hope it is.
1. Scrapping in Circles - Scrapping and I go way back. We both kept our college campus secure and ended up meeting our respective husbands on the job. Two inter-office romances at the same time! Scrapping and her husband popped out 3 kids while we've only popped out 1 kid. Ha ha! I enjoy her blog because it's like a family scrapbook of their family activities. Yes, she's a mom of 3 and does the cute little things like making homemade birthday cakes and making handmade Halloween costumes. She even gets her husband to dress up! I have a thing or two or thirty to learn from her. It will be a cold day in you know where before I convince my husband to dress up in a costume!
2. Ms. Leigh Ann doesn't blog nearly enough anymore. She and I were both bestowed with lightweight babies who were a *tad* (a lot) cranky/colicky/finicky. Waylon grew out of it at about 3-4 months old, but Julia - well, she's a fighter who refused to kick colic until she was practically a year old, and some days I feel like it's still hanging around. Leigh Ann is a kick in the pants with her funny anecdotes, and she's always looking for a good buy (aren't we all?), and is a great weight loss buddy.
3. Meeko at The Ramblings of a Disgruntled Secretary - oh how I love his wit and, shall we say, disgruntledness toward stupidity. His tales of incompetent people, particularly ones who try (unsuccessfully) to operate the laminator, are hilarious. He's one of those blogwriters where I know I just have to get a snack before I sit down and begin reading. But I mustn't have a liquid refreshment, or I'll spit it out all over my laptop as I laugh out loud.
4. April at April Ingram Photography is one of my faves. She is an up-and-coming photographer in Georgia, who I wish lived a ton closer because I so want her to do my daughter's portraits. After seeing the school picture debacle, maybe she'll take pity on me and come take Julia's pictures. April is a wonderful photographer and a mommy of 3 (how do these mommies of 3 do it? I can barely take care of 1.). She also has a personal blog, which you can find with a bit of digging in her profile. I love her personal blog because she's so honest. She and her fine husband are renovating their new house, and I believe you can find that blog with just a little bit of digging as well. Her photography work is not to be missed, so that's why I'm linking to her main blog.
5. Kenz at All the Weigh. Kenz has had a huge amount of weight loss success, and I am so proud of how far she's come. Kenz is a wonderful writer and has a very pretty blog. She is a true gem! I can't wait for the celebration once she hits her goal.
6. Corrie is about to have her second baby and keeps us updated on Max's (Victoria's) latest adventures. I love that Victoria is nicknamed Max. Corrie also loves great bargains (don't we all??).
There are more that I read frequently, but I'm not sure how some others would feel about the attention on a family blog or a blog dealing with more private issues. But I reserve the right to add other recipients at any time! :)
Thanks again, Melissa! You made my day.