Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Writer's Block

On my other blog they do daily questions that you can choose to answer. I never seem to have enough time to answer them, but I thought I'd take a stab at a few of them tonight to celebrate June being over!!

---> How would you get rid of a dead body?

I'd wrap it in a super thick blanket, drag it to my car, drive out to the woods, and dump it. I think I've been reading too much Ann Rule because I'm assuming the dead body came from of a not-so-natural incident.

---> What's your best Date Night experience? Was it where you went, the company, or what you did that made it such a good memory?

I haven't had too many official dates. I've had far too many spend the evening with a guy friend playing Nintendo, walking to Taco Bell & then watching MTV. I don't think those are classified as dates. So I'd have to say my official first date was my best by default. We went to see Forrest Gump, he held my hand during the movie, and then he asked me to Homecoming when he dropped me off. It was probably the best date for the mere fact that it was an actual date since he called a week prior to set it up, had a plan, and that sort of thing.

---> Have you ever made a fool of yourself after drinking too much? What did you do that was so embarrassing? Did anything major happen as a result?

Not really. I learned early on not to get drunk. I was the type who would always be holding alcohol but never drank it. Too many bad things can happen being 15-17 years old while being drunk and being around drunk twentysomethings. Therefore, my policy was sobriety was a good thing, as was lucidity. Now I may drink a glass of wine or two around girlfriends, but that's it.

---> What type of regular, weird, random, or crazy attributes you find attractive for dudes or girls??? Is it a must have or they are not attractive?

I don't like coffee drinkers. I do not find coffee breath attractive, and there's something about someone that needs coffee first thing in the morning that turns me off. Other than that, I like smart, dark-haired, light eyes, and non hairy dudes. :)

---> Do you have any hidden tattoos? Are there any that only a lucky few get to see? How do you feel about tattoos on other people?

My philosophy on tattoos is that if I had something I was really passionate about, I could see myself getting one. But I don't think I'm that passionate about anything. As I sit here, I can't think of any type of tattoo that I'd get. Still thinking...

---> Do you have any secrets that you haven't even told your best friend? If so, do you think you ever will? Does it burden you?

I have a lot of secrets that no one will ever know, and I don't think I ever will tell them, and it doesn't burden me at all. Am I bad? They aren't anything huge though.

---> Do you have any weird hang-ups about germs? Would you sit on the toilet at a public restroom?

Yes, I am a germophobe. No, I will not sit on a public toilet. I shudder just thinking about it. I avoid public bathrooms at all costs.

---> Who are your celebrity crushes?

My main celebrity crush is Will Smith. He's smart (admitted to MIT), tall/dark/handsome, funny, is there anything he can't do?

I also like LL Cool J; his voice is so smooth. Although he's sooooo large that it's a bit intimidating.

Eddie Cibrian is also very hot. His ethics = not so good, but he's quite good-looking.

Josh Hartnett. He's the brooding English major type. I really like that type, the type that won't shave for days because he's thinking philosophical, deep things. This type tends to have alcohol issues and depression issues. That makes a long-term relationship rather challenging.

---> Backyard games, summer camp, trips to the pool… what's your favorite childhood memory of summer?

Every summer I'd go visit for my dad & grandparents for a few weeks. I loved being a kid - riding my bike, reading, playing board games, eating way too many popsicles and pudding pops, going to the bar and playing video poker (my husband always laughs at that one, but my dad spent a lot of time at the bar).

As a devilish teenager, I loved sneaking out on summer nights and meeting boys. :)

---> Do you prefer to live in an urban or rural environment? Why?

I like the suburban life. It's a good compromise between the two. Urban is too noisy, rural is too quiet. I like where I live now because only a few houses down there's an entrance to the state park, and it's so quiet there.

---> What does family mean to you?

Family to me doesn't just mean those genetically or maritally related to you. Maybe it's coming from a small family, but I like to think most of my friends are family. And actually I think it's more of an honor for someone to choose to make you family.

---> What is your fondest childhood memory of your father or grandfather?

Father: taking me to Kennywood (amusement park) and riding all the rides with me & then eating cheese fries.

Grandfather: I am such my grandfather. He was quite the curmudgeon and constantly grumbled about everything (just like me!), had horrible taste in food (me!), had horrible taste in TV (Mama's family anyone? ME!). But he would do very kind gestures. So probably the favorite memory would be him carrying my bedridden grandmother to the car and taking her for a nightly drive, then coming home and eating a lard sandwich while watching Mama's Family. He was a simple man who hated frills and waste.

---> What's your idea of the perfect weekend? Do you generally prefer unstructured time or a busy social calendar?

Unstructured all the way. I hate packed weekends.

2 comments:

Ann said...

OMG, how do you not sit on a public toilet? Squating? My annoyingly small bladder greatly outweighs any germy concerns about the pottys. Though, I am skeeved out putting Sophie on them. And why don't any parks/zoos have sit covers?! And, other blog?

B said...

Squatting helps leg muscles! :)

I do have another blog - things I don't feel comfortable putting here. But I'm working on making this my only blog. Slowly but surely I will get there. I don't think there's anyone who reads both blogs.