Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A lovely walk

I had a beautiful walk in the woods today at lunch. I love the woods on a gloomy day. Add in a gothic castle, and it would be absolutely perfect. And don't even think I like the gloomy woods due to the Twilight phenomenon. No way. I don't think I'm going to find Edward Cullen in the woods. Pppppleassssse. I do think in my past life I roamed the Scottish moors. That's the only reason I can think of that I enjoy roaming around the woods when it is 50 degrees and misty.

I love my lonely walks. Don't get me wrong, I do like walking with others occasionally. It's just nice to be alone with your thoughts and stopping to look at a pretty flower if you want.

I've got to make an eye appointment. I have some serious eye strain recently, which is causing more and more headaches.

And I've also got to make a dentist appointment for Julia. Eh, I don't see much reason to. I know what they are going to say. Brush her teeth as frequently as possible and take away that pacifier. So on the other hand, why should I take her if I already know what's going to happen? Because being told that in person will be even more lovely, and I'll get a free sample of floss and toothpaste. That's why!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something special about walking alone in the woods. I take every opportunity to go walking with my brother when he visits, and I'd love to find someone else to go with as well, but that activity in particular is one that I definitely don't mind doing alone. It has a calming effect that I haven't found with any other type of activity.

-Jesse

B said...

I completely agree. It's so therapeutic. It really seems to ground me. These things were alive before I got here, and they'll be alive here after I leave. It puts things into perspective.