Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is June over yet?

The whole famdamily descended on Thursday evening. It's Sunday evening. Therefore, 3 days done, 14 days to go.

Having such a big house does help. No one but the 3 of us is staying on the top level. It's nice to have our space up here. Everyone else is sleeping in the basement. Hey, it's habitable. The only difficult part is when everyone is on the main level & you would like to cook in peace, watch TV in peace, or heaven forbid - sleep in bed when everyone is making a racket underneath you.

For the most part, S's sister keeps her 4 kids under control. Still... 8 extra people in the house gets to be a bit much. This morning, for instance, the niece came upstairs at 8am and came into our bedroom (door was closed). I was on the computer, and she asked to use it. Ummm, no, you can't use it & get out of my room & knock if you ever want to come in. Of course I didn't say that, but it's definitely what I wanted to say.

The Jerry Springer family from up north came down for the day. So it was 4 extra people, including 2 kids who aren't reined in. I already knew this, but for the record: I do not want 7 kids. Or 6, 5, 4 or 3 kids. Slight chance I could live with 2 kids, but never more than that.

I'm so happy to be going to work for a week. Yay!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Slight chance for 2 kids? Did you have a change of heart?

B said...

Like a 0-5% chance. No change of heart at all. But Miss J is awfully cute at 2 years old.

Wendy said...

Yeah, she is pretty darn cute. Cute enough to erase your PTSD from her first year of life?

B said...

PTSD is still there and will be there until I have dementia. But then my eggs will probably be too old, so it's okay.