Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I won something!

I think I have the worst luck at winning prizes ever. I'm not talking about the ones you can win with perseverance; I'm talking about the ones you can win only with your number being drawn. Those I completely suck at winning. My number NEVER gets called. I have gone to numerous work parties with my husband, and his luck sucks about the same as mine because we never win ANYthing. His work usually gives good prizes too. When he worked for Mother Merrill, you could win trips and big screen TVs. At his job now, they give away $200-$300 prizes (and a substantial number of them), and we win nada. Even if there are 30 people in the room and 20 prizes, he never gets anything either.

So I was beyond thrilled when I actually WON something today. When I say what I won, you're going to scrunch up your nose and say, "Better you than me." Let's face it, it's not a spa day or a new wardrobe or even an AC adapter (which I sorely need because it is very lame to hold my failing one in with one hand while typing with the other hand). Amazon, hurry your butt up and deliver my new AC adapter.

Are you ready for what I won? What makes it even more exciting is that I put my name in the hat to win it. And no, it doesn't involve $5 million and Nigeria either. HA!

I won 3 Barney DVDs!!!! Do I hear excited applause? Ummm, no? Well, I wasn't expecting it anyway. ;) But I am thrilled because Barney DVDs are like $10 each, so that's like a $30 gift that I won for Miss J. She only has 1 Barney DVD right now, which she loves, so this is a way for her to get some more Barney variety (and her parents too).

I didn't even spill the beans to hubby. So he'll get to find out the most excellent news when he reads this.

And they even come in a special case.

So now I will be stalking the mailbox for my sorely needed AC adapter and Barney DVDs.

No comments: