Friday, June 11, 2010

Favorite Songs

I can't sleep. It's probably because I actually slept 8ish hours last night, so I sit here next to a comatose husband and am being all philosophical and existential. It's not good when I become philosophical and existential. I was never one who debated red shoes vs. black shoes in my head for hours, but sometimes I wish I did because then I wouldn't ever get to thinking about things I don't want to think about. If you understand any of that gibberish, then I give you many kudos.

In order to bring me out of my philosophical haze, here are a few of my favorite songs right now:

Pink "Most Girls": This has been one of my favorite songs for at least 5 years. If there's ever one song to define me, this one is it. "But I'm not every girl / And I don't need that world to validate me."

The Fray "You Found Me": Popular thought seems to be the song is about God. I'm not convinced it's about religion, per se. Great melody, great lyrics.

Michael Jackson "Smooth Criminal": Right after he died people started announcing what their favorite MJ song was. I have always enjoyed MJ, but you have to admit he wasn't the best lyricist in the world. As the King of Pop, I suppose you don't need to be a lyricist - you need to make pop. Which he did. After thoughtful analysis, I decided on "Smooth Criminal" being my favorite MJ song. There's something about the word 'crescendo' being in a song that put this song over the top for me. And it's really singable and danceable.

Pink "Sober": Hey, I like Pink. And I struggle with sobriety with Twinkies. :)

No comments: