Tuesday, June 29, 2010

No time for story arcs

Sure enough, after reading several young adult books for the past few days, I want to write a book. I have always wanted to be a writer. It's likely a natural career desire of those who like to read. Now I have all these story ideas flitting around my head, and I should be dedicating time to yardwork or painting or something more productive than plotting story arcs.

I'm no writer. I'm a math girl. I always have been. I have never had the gift of gab or story arcs, but here I am trying to pen the Great Young Adult novel. That would be an awesome pursuit once I was retired, but when I have a very full life, it's kind of an odd fantasy.

I know I have something I want to rant about, but I can't remember so I'll make this a short one for tonight.

2 comments:

April said...

I like the way you write! I think you'd be a great writer!

B said...

Thanks, April. Likewise, I always enjoy reading your blogs.