Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Twice in 2 days

Remember how excited I was yesterday about winning something? Well, today I won again! This time it was cash. WOOHOO!! Not a lot, mind you, just enough for a dinner at TGI Fridays. But still, I won something! I haven't held that much cash in a while. I'm one of those who never carries cash and only carries cards. Money is super icky - haven't you seen those studies about all the germies on it?

Not much too report tonight. I did squeeze in a short walk at 10pm. I'm such a voyeur. I love looking in houses when it's dark out. I never see anything interesting, but it's fun to see how people decorate or even just watching them watch tv. I hope I don't sound too creepy; it's not like I am a peeping Tomette or anything. I just look into houses as I walk by if the lights are on. Again, I've never found anything interesting. At all. People in suburbia evidently aren't that interesting at 10pm in their well-lit living rooms. Dang. Prudes, aren't they?

I need to pack for my trip. I need to pack for Miss J's trip to see her grandparents with her dad. Could that be all I have to do until I get back from my trip? I'm getting little flutters of nervousness. I don't like traveling. I don't like being gone from Miss J too long (even though I know she'll be just fine). I don't like being gone from my routine. I get skittish meeting new people at conference like settings. I've always been a wallflower, and it's hard to put yourself out there. This is about the time where I'm like, "Can I cancel the trip and just stay here?" It's so much...easier. I could never travel a lot for work. Some days my 15 minute commute to work is "too much." I think my BFF is my bed and pillow.

1 comment:

Ann said...

OMG, I totally do that too. Pretty sure most people do. Every night when Chet and I are in New York we try to walk his mom's neighborhood, and I drool over the big old houses whilst peeking in the windows. Sometimes I get good decorating ideas!