Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A new dinner record

This is what my daughter ate this evening.  Forewarning: it's not the healthiest, I know that.  As long as she gets in some fruits/veggies, some protein, and a minimal amount of milk, we do tend to let her choose what to eat the rest of the time.

a whole apple (50 cal)
a whole orange (50 cal)
slice of pumpkin bread with butter (80 cal)
fruit roll up (50 cal)
2 chicken nuggets (100 cal)
1.5 strawberry shortcake ice cream bars (160 cal each x 1.5 = 240 cal)
3-4 ounces of whole milk (60 cal)

Holy cow!  600 calories ingested after coming home from daycare.  I wonder if she didn't eat anything all day at school...

2 comments:

Krista said...

WOW, growth spurt maybe.

B said...

I'd love to see her grow. Right now I think she'll be 24 lbs even when she's 10 years old.