Sunday, February 13, 2011

10 Day Challenge, Day 1

I decided to embark on a blog challenge.  For one, my creative energy has been eluding me lately.  For another, I am task-oriented.  Give me a task, and I'll try to achieve it.  Something to check off a list, if you will. 

So here it is:








The challenge origin is from here.

Day 1 is ten secrets.  This is difficult because I've probably spilled all of my spill-able secrets already.  While I'll try to use ones that I haven't already used, I'm sure there will be repeaters:

1. I really don't like to use cash.  I carry about 23 cents around in cold hard cash.  Money is literally dirty.  Plastic is less dirty. 

2. I don't wear coats.  I'm always hot, so if I wear a coat, I end up taking it off.  And then I forget the dang coat, so I end up losing my coat.  Another alternative is that I end up holding the dang coat, which is also inconvenient.  Thus, I make it easier on myself and don't wear one. 

3. I love love love indie movies.  Quirky coming of age comedies or bleak dramas.  I'm not too picky.

4. I don't measure much when I bake, which irritates my husband.  It's little things like that which make me an ISFJ instead of an INTJ.  I trust my gut more than a calculator sometimes.

5. I lost my virginity on Valentine's Day. 

6. I don't like gifts - receiving gifts, giving gifts (because I suck at it). I'd gladly enter a gift neutrality zone where I never receive or give another gift again with everyone I know. 

7. My first concert was Sir Mix-a-Lot. 

8. I googled my 6th grade crush, and he's a gay man living in San Francisco (or else he buys real estate with men-who-are-just-friends and then gets his house in interior design magazines on a lark).  Oh heck, he's really, really gay.  But I am jealous of his job in finance.  I knew he'd go far. 

9. I really don't like my laptop.  There are three big problems with it.  1) If you play a movie or music or, you know, anything with SOUND, you cannot hear it even if it is sitting on your lap.  It's on the maximum volume, and I cannot hear any distinct words.  For what it's worth, I'm not deaf.  I'm one of those people who hears every single noise.  My husband can't hear anything from it either.  It's not just me.  2) The volume is a dial on the front of the laptop.  Probably doesn't make any difference because you can't hear anything anyways, but if the laptop is on my lap, the volume slides as I type and rub up against it.  Not that it ever gets loud, but music will go to almost nil all of a sudden, and it's because my shirt spun the dial as I was moving.  3) It doesn't play many DVDs and CDs.  Just flat out refuses.  Stupid machine.  Don't buy a Toshiba laptop. I still miss my Dell 1.5 years later. 

10. I'd love to write a book one of these days. 

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Sounds like we have the same or similar laptops. I always listen with headphones, and I needed to buy external speakers for when I'm watching something with a friend. I don't have the loose volume dial or CD/DVD problems, though.

B said...

Headphones are a lifesaver with this thing. I was so spoiled with the Dell because I had a subwoofer in it, so the laptop could literally shake the house with the bass. This thing is pathetic in comparison. ;)