Thursday, February 17, 2011

10 Day Challenge, Day 5




The challenge origin is from here.

Today I'm on six places.  Places I've been or places I want to go?  Not sure.  As I don't have a huge list of places I want to go, I'll instead focus on where I've been.

1. Pittsburgh, my hometown.  It's actually the outskirts of Pittsburgh where I lived for my first few years.  I loved that there were four distinct seasons, that it was distinctly working class there, and that it's home to so many good memories.

2. Scotland.  I went there for my college graduation present...with my mother.  Eh, the company wasn't so great, but I did love Scotland.  I love the Scottish attitude, the scenery, the peacefulness, the castles, and I hate the food, which is awesome because it means I eat less.  :)

3. Las Vegas.  After you live in the land of greed, I think you learn to have a better relationship with money.  Money gives you far more than things; it gives you security.  And you get a sampling of how hot hell can be when you're in Vegas.  Effing hot.

4. Seattle.  Love it.  Love the diversity, the greenery, the non-uptight-ness, being close to the water and the mountains.

5. Texas.  It's like a whole other country.  Maybe not so much the major cities, but I lived in two tiny Texas towns, and it was awful.

6. Ohio.  Depravity.  Depravity teaches you things, I suppose.  It was a sad time we lived there (right after my mom divorced my dad), and then we ended up being burglarized.  Talk about being in a place that kicks you when you're down.  I went back there a few years ago, and - guess what - it seemed just as full of depravity.

No comments: