Monday, June 20, 2011

Ms. Crankypants

 Today was miserable.  I was cranky, nothing was going right, the stars were misaligned, I was on edge.  Then I'm physically falling apart.  Last week, I sorely twisted my ankle while running.  This has never, ever happened.  The twisted thing, not the running thing, although let's not get overly ambitious on the amount I've run in my life.  Anyway, I can walk on it, but it's so very tender.  Today I looked at it, and it's noticeably swollen.  Since it's been a week, I probably should get it looked at by a doctor in an ideal world, but 1) I don't have a doctor (oh, shut up), 2) WebMD doesn't say I'm going to die or that I have cancer (which it does for just about every other symptom), and 3) if I did go to a doctor I don't want to get yelled at for waiting a week.  So there.

My next ailment is that I'm coughing up brown stuff.  I'm not looking that up on WebMD because it will say that I'm going to die or have cancer.  I know it's a stupid sinus infection from all of the allergies.  And, again, I don't have a doctor to get antibiotics from, so I'll just suck it up until it goes away.  The doctor I was sorta kinda seeing for life or death matters left the practice.

Then I totally chafed my shoulder - skin gone, and it's oozing. 

To top it all off, I cut myself shaving. 

Whine whine whine, I feel like an 80 year old complaining about all my ailments. 

Not feeling 100%, I had an even cruddier work day than I should have.  It was cruddy in its own right.  I normally do like work. Today was just awful though.  I muttered and swore to myself all day long. 

After a cruddy, icky day, my husband and I spent the evening calculating venting requirements.  Now I love to calculate the area of a circle just like the rest of the world, but I was getting even more irritated about why I was calculating the area of a circle. 

At some point I realized that I should just give up on the day.  That occurred about 3 hours ago, yet I'm still here and still whining and complaining about my horrible day. 

Tomorrow (which will be here in merely one hour) has got to be better than this atrocity of a day. 

   

No comments: