Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ethics and Judgment

There's a relatively small amount of people who I hold in high esteem.  When I say "hold in high esteem," I mean those who I defer to.  These are the people who I go to when I struggle with those small or big internal dilemmas that revolve around esoteric concepts such as ethics, morals, justice, fairness, etc.  I have a few such advisors that I toss things around with before I take action on items.  They offer a perspective that I trust and respect. 

And then sometimes one of those advisors does something so completely unethical (in my estimation) that makes me question my judgment in the people I place faith in.  It enormously disappoints me, and then I think if THAT person can do something so questionable, then where is this world headed?

Really disappointing. 

No comments: