Thursday, June 23, 2011

First Comment

I've been subscribed to various blogs for quite some time (a year +).  I have never commented on most of them, so I'm just a blog voyeur.  If you want to be a networked blog, as in you want to do this as a job/for profit, you need to build a network.  That can be achieved through commenting on other people's blogs, which apparently means they will then visit yours, you guest post for them, get even more traffic, and so on.  Having never done this with the focus of doing this as a job/for profit-fame-fortune, I don't have those same pressures.  I don't want to purposefully go in that direction, so that mainly means I don't comment on those networked blogs because it will drive traffic here that I don't necessarily want, given that they just want to reciprocate "blog love," not that they necessarily know me. 

All that being said, sometimes people post things that make me go, "Wwwwwhat???"  I so want to say something, but being that I've never commented before, I would think saying something like that as the first comment probably wouldn't be a great first step. 

I do think it though.

No comments: