Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Being more deliberate

I definitely need to be more deliberate in how I spend my evenings. There are so many things that I "should" be doing, like the following:

Playing with Julia
Laundry
Writing (that novel won't write itself)
Reading
Blogging (my therapy)
Bathing Julia every other day (hubby and I rotate)
Yardwork
Watching movies
Exercise
Painting (in 2011, I should be painting the trim for the whole house)
Grocery shopping
At least pretend to cook and do dishes
The garage - I've never seen such a dirty garage, not sure what the previous owners did in it...do I want to know?
Other chores (clean the bathrooms, sweep, etc.)

That's a lot. Obviously I can't do all of that every night.  I go through spurts where I'm uber productive and uber sluggish.  Even so, I am quite displeased with my laziness at home in 2011 as compared to 2010.  In the span of five months last year, I did a huge amount of painting, organized a kitchen remodel and 3 bathroom semi-remodel, and seemed to be a productivity machine.  This year?  I have no freaking idea where my time goes, but I have nothing to show for it.  Nothing painted, nothing deep cleaned; however, I have read 5 books in the last two weeks and watched at least 5 movies.  And gained 2-3 lbs.  And not exercised.  Hmmm....

I do need to get started on the garage cleaning and the trim paint.  The garage cleaning will probably involve painting, but I think I should at least try to clean the walls first.  It is G.R.O.S.S.

If my 2010 energy and productivity could come back to me, if even for a few weeks, I would be eternally grateful.

No comments: