Tuesday, November 2, 2010

James, no, Isaac, no, James

I wish I had more in me today.  Last week I got sick, and it's still hanging on.  Not ever really getting over the whooping cough 8 week horror  incident has weakened my immune system apparently.  Oh, yeah, and I'm sharing because I got one co-worker sick and my husband sick.  I get a gold star for sharing. 

Because I have a very, very bad feeling about this election, I'm sticking my head in the sand and forcing myself to think about other (happier) things. 

I'm a NaNoWriMo widow this month.  Yep, hubby has signed up for it.  And here I sit, with waterfalls of snot stuck in my sinuses all alone as he burns the midnight oil on his story.  (He's got waterfalls of snot too, so it's probably best that we're each doing our own thing anyway.)  I'm hoping I can kick this within a few days and make some major headway on my November goals.

A week ago I made a CD for the car.  I can plug my iPhone into the car stereo, but my commute isn't that long, and I tend to make frequent stops with daycare dropoff, library stops, grocery stores, etc.  Hooking it up/turning it on/fiddling with playlists each time takes too long. So it's just easier to make a CD with 18 or so songs and just set it to repeat.  When I was making this CD, I was obviously smoking crack at the time.  That's the only explanation for these songs that have no flow at all.  Kurt Cobain would definitely roll over in his grave knowing what else I put on the CD with him.  At least I don't call the CD a grunge mix, like what iTunes did to poor Kurt.  The CD I made has some range, as in Chicago - Pink - The Fray - Nirvana - Ice Cube - Bon Jovi - Positive K - White Town - Counting Crows - Nine Inch Nails - One Republic - 30 Seconds to Mars.  Let's just say there are some rough transitions.  I'm certainly not going to ever be a DJ.

I just love The Fray.  And Pink.  I know I've stated my Fray and Pink obsessions previously, but just to reiterate - I love both of these artists.  I would love if they did a combo concert, or heck, I'd love to go to either concert.  I'm going to have to move aside both Mr. Smiths (that would be Will and James...aka LL Cool J) to make room for Isaac Slade, the lead singer of The Fray.  Isaac isn't all that cute (have never really liked blonds), but you have to admit that he's talented as a musical artist.  And he has that wonderful body type to me - lean with just a little bit of muscle in the arms. 



I'm just realistic. Not every guy wants to spend 5 hours in a gym every day to look like this:


But I can admire all of that goodness, right?  (Although I do want to tell him to pull up his pants...or pull them down...just make a decision, dude.) I could listen to all his goodness all day long.  He has the best voice ever.  LL Cool J could tell me to jump off a cliff, and I'd sigh happily.  In fact, LL Cool J is my personal trainer when I run.  I imagine looking at him right in front of me as I listen to him say sweet nothings in my ear. Whatever works.  While I won't miss running, I will miss LL whispering how he wants to do me with vanilla ice cream... on repeat.  ;P 

How I've wished that my name was Lisa, Angela, Pamela or Renee.

No comments: