Thursday, November 11, 2010

Acceptable substitutes?

Still feeling crappy.  Still haven't gone to the doctor.  It's my own damn fault.  I don't want to wait for an appointment, go through the stupid quiz the nurses give you, pay the copay, deal with the pharmacy for an hour, etc.  I already did all that with Julia on Monday night, and I just don't wanna do it all again.  I'm stupid and irrational, and I don't care (too much) that I'm probably making it worse. 

So here is the Quietly Subversive's list of acceptable substitutes for going to the doctor and getting a real Augmentin prescription:

- Pilfering her daughter's liquid amoxicillin (it kinda tastes like Pepto)
- Taking a hideous amount of Tylenol to get through the day
- Ransacking drawers for last remnants of old antibiotics prescriptions (I scored 2 pills this way)
- Emergen-C every so often
- Huge quantities of vitamin D every so often
- Zyrtec every so often
- Snorts of Afrin every so often
- Asking my husband to rub my sinuses

What I really need is an on-call doctor to give me Augmentin whenever I need it, which is about 4 times per year.  My allergies get out of control and give me a sinus infection once or twice a summer.  I get a fall/early winter respiratory "thing" that becomes a sinus infection, and then I get an early spring "thing."   It's not like it's Vicodin or Percocet.  I just wanna score some antibiotics.  But I'm too lazy to go do it, and I rely on a vast array of questionable methods to substitute.

And those dang doctors won't ever give me refills for my drug of choice.

No comments: