Monday, November 15, 2010

It's all about spin

I've been in a funk lately.  I know the signs by now, and I'm just hoping to sail out of it soon enough.  I wanted to do a post about my holiday un-cheeriness, but alas, I've done that post for the past few years now. Instead let my gift to you this holiday season be less griping about how much I dislike the holidays.  

Let me instead spin it by saying what I want to do this holiday season:

1 - Decorate the tree with Julia
2 - Pipe Christmas music through the intercom system, starting the day after Thanksgiving
3 - Make turkey soup from turkey carcass (usually I'm too lazy to actually do this)
4 - Do targeted Black Friday shopping - i.e., we really need an external hard drive, so possibly go out for that and a few other things.  But not go wild and crazy with shopping.  Get my drift?
5 - Make at least 5 different types of holiday cookies - perhaps have some gals over to do a baking event
6 - Make a lasagna and at least one other "big" dish during December
7 - Drive Julia around to see the Christmas lights

(Okay, so 3/7 of the items relate to food...)

8 - Lose those 4.3 pounds so I can change my profile picture.  (This may be at odds with the soup, cookies & lasagna from up above.)
9 - Try not to kill relatives
10 - Repress the urge to do holiday cards.  Or because I have such a high guilt complex, I will probably only send to those who we receive cards from.
11 - Do holiday pictures (family or just Julia).  And use my fancy dancy camera so I don't have to pay anyone to do it.  Cuz I'm cheap like that.

No comments: