Monday, October 25, 2010

What's in the Purse

This blog exercise was all the rage a few months ago.  On the surface, it never seemed very interesting to me.  But it actually is pretty insightful.

The premise is to show the contents of your purse.  I know, pretty boring.  That's what I thought too.  But hey, I have to admit I was curious about what others carried around all day.  Since I used my phone to take pictures, that is omitted from the pictures.  But I've shown a picture of my phone before.

Here we go.  First off, my purse.  $20 on sale at JC Penney.  Yeah, what does that say about me?



Probably self-explanatory, including my one fetish.  From the left, my wallet.  My brush.  My shopping card chain.  I have 4 keys and 6 shopping cards, so with the 6:4 advantage, it is a shopping card chain.  9 freaking pens!!!  Yes, I'm a pen klepto.  I have severe pen issues.  Now you know my dirty little secret - I can't be trusted alone with pens.  You can't see it from the picture, but if the pen has a cap, I gnaw on it.  As for pencils in grade school, I chewed all the way through to the lead.  I'm glad that typing took off the way it did, or I might have ingested a whole tree by now.  The purple thing on the right is my coupon organizer.

Close up of the internal goings-on of my wallet:



More crap in my purse:


From the left:

My work key card - yes, that's a picture of my main man Mr. Smith on it.  My iPhone cords.  2 more pens, not to be confused with the other 9 in the other picture plus the 1 in my wallet.  Grand total = 12 pens in my purse.  Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works coupons. Hand sanitizer. Body Shop strawberry lip gloss, Bath & Body Works Fruit Punch lip gloss.  Jump drive. Spa gift certificate. Little wallet thing with pictures and infrequently used membership cards (like voter ID, Blockbuster, etc.). Some receipts.

And that's that.  I'm pretty boring, aren't I, except for the pen addiction?

No comments: