Monday, October 4, 2010

Peaceful weekend

Despite a very loud and annoying beginning, it was a nice weekend.  I read a couple of books, avoided too many pesky chores, napped, and exercised. 

I did 2 Pilates workouts, walked 6 miles, ran 1.5 miles, a 15 minute ab workout, and a 15 minute upper body workout.  Running and I had a long discussion, we worked out some of our differences, and I've made peace with it in such a way that I think we will rekindle a friendship.  Let's see how this month goes before I get too cocky and say the specifics of how our relationship changed. 

I napped both days when Julia napped.  I hope she naps until she's 21 because then I can use it as an excuse to nap as well.  :-)  The downside, of course, is that I'm awake now when I should be sleeping. 

Sorry for the boring entry.  Good weekends tend to take off my snarkiness edge.  Spending time with my husband tends to be one of the best mood stabilizers around.  Work, on the other hand.... (sigh) women tend to make me want to reach for a sharp implement of destruction. 

No comments: