Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sick Day

Yesterday I thought I was going to pass out at work.  Feverish, runny nose, running on empty.  I woke up still not feeling well, so I thought I'd take a sick day.  Lay in bed, zone in and out, read, cuddle with my pillow, doesn't that sound like a little slice of heaven? 

I kind of thought I'd take a nap.  After all, it is what I do really, really well.  For some reason, I can't sleep.  I've been in bed all day long, and sleep continues to elude me.  So I'm sitting here watching the rain, and I watched a bit of TV.  I don't really watch much TV at all.  We canceled cable a month ago, so now I can't really watch TV even if I wanted to.  We kept the box, so there's a few things on demand.  Again, not a lot.  I could watch Hulu, but for some reason I haven't fully adjusted to watching TV on a computer.

I watched THREE Lifetime movies today.  How pathetic is that?

"Reviving Ophelia" - They say this is based on a book which I've read.  Ummm, no.  This is the 2010 version of the Fred Savage / Candace Cameron Lifetime movie from the early 1990s.  Remember Fred beating up DJ in that after school special?  Add some cell phones and different actors, and you've got the 2010 version. 

"Homecoming" - I suppose Mischa Barton's career is well on its downward spiral since she's in Lifetime movies now.  Ever seen "Misery"?  Remember Kathy Bates holding that poor dude hostage?  Mischa Barton plays psycho ex girlfriend who is keeping the new girlfriend hostage in much of the same ways that Kathy Bates did.  But when Mischa Barton holds a hatchet, I'm a little less frightened and just want to laugh. 

And finally "The Haunting of Sorority Row."  Don't know what to make of this one.  It was occult-y in a sorority - I suppose the title says it all.  Probably appropriate in their line-up since it is getting close to Halloween.  I just find it hard to believe that if you're almost - but not quite - dead that your body can take a different physical form while you come back and avenge your death. 

Now to try very hard to get a small nap in.

No comments: