Monday, September 7, 2009

Zonked and ready to go to work

Sometimes weekends are just literally exhausting. Work can be exhausting, but in a different way. Cleaning, recleaning, rushing here & there & everywhere, and not having time to say more than a sentence to your own husband should be OUTLAWED on a weekend. At least I got a nap in today. That was nice.

Next weekend I don't want to do ANYthing. But that's going to be violated because my stepdad will be in town. Maybe we can get my mom and him to watch Julia for a few hours. That would be good.

Today's expenses:

$17.89 Target: 24 oz can of formula & 216 baby wipes (Target brand & I had a $1 off coupon for each)
$1.10: cheeseburger at McDonald's for Julia. She didn't eat more than 1 bite, so I had to finish it. Oh well, I had been wondering if she would eat a cheeseburger. Now I know.
$14.18: Fred Meyer. I shopped their sales and in-store coupons: 2 gallons of milk, loaf of wheat bread, 3 cans of tuna, 10 cans of chicken noodle soup, 10 oz of deli turkey slices, 1.5 pounds of nectarines, 1 lb of broccoli

4 comments:

Scrapping in Circles said...

Baby wipes and milk are MUCH cheaper at Costco. You have to get two gallons of milk, so I don't get whole milk there as I only purchase that for the little one and he can't drink two gallons before it goes bad. Still, if you're buying two gallons anyway, why don't you buy it from Costco?

B said...

Baby wipes are actually pretty expensive at Costco. At Target I ended up paying $2.50 for 3 packs with a coupon. I thought that was pretty good.

The milk was $1.66/gallon with a coupon. 1 gallon is whole, and 1 gallon is skim. I think the 2-packs at Costco are $3.60, but you have to get the same type. So it was cheaper + we don't have to get the same type.

B said...

My problem is that people think Costco is automatically the cheapest on things, when it's often not the case or you're forced to buy 8 of one variety when you don't like that variety. Ticks me off at Costco!

Scrapping in Circles said...

Costco wipes are $15.49/704 wipes (0.022 per wipe). I guess it depends on how many wipes came in your package. Also, Costco has a coupon for $3 off them every couple months. This makes them only $12.49 /704 wipes (0.0177 per wipe). It is also a time saver for me since we go through LOTS of wipes. I just purchase a box of them from Costco every couple months rather than having to purchase them all the time.

As for milk, I've checked into getting it other places on sale and Costco is almost always the cheapest for us. Most sales (Safeway, Fred Meyer, and Top Foods) are $1 per half gallon or $2 per gallon. Plus, they always have limits. We go through 4-6 gallons of non-fat milk a week. I get whole milk other places since only my littlest drinks it. I'll look for sales on it, but even on sale, it is normally more for whole milk than non-fat.