Monday, September 14, 2009

C25K Week One Completed

Do you know what weekends are great for? Baths and naps! I'm a simple girl. Give me a tub full of bubbles (and water of course!) and ample sleeping opportunities, and I'm happy.

On Saturday I finished the second workout for C25K. My mantra for the Thursday night workout was: "I hate this." My mantra for Saturday was: "You know, I don't particularly like this, but there are worst things I could be doing." See, so there was some progress. Tonight I did the third workout. The first three intervals are awful. The music is awful, plus you have many, many long intervals to go. A tolerable song starts at the beginning of the 4th interval and continues to the 5th interval, so that makes it more tolerable. And then you only have 3 intervals to go after that, so it's the downhill slide that gets you through the rest. After the 6th running interval, the narrator says that you should be feeling it but "not feel tired or out of breath." WTH? If a non physically fit person is running for 6 minutes - even if it's spaced out some - I think it's normal to feel tired and out of breath. I sure was tired and out of breath.

When I walk through my neighborhood, I always go on a specific path, but I realized that the C25K just doesn't "jive" with my path well. For instance, one of the running intervals started at the exact moment I'm starting to climb a mammoth incline (okay, it's a hill). Talk about setting yourself up for failure. I found on my second workout that if I reverse the path I usually do, it works much better. I'm not running at the precise moment I have to climb Mt. Everest. With the path change, I climb the mammoth hill right after I finish my last run. It's not pretty, but at least I can walk up it knowing that I completed the hard part.

Tomorrow is Julia's outpatient surgery for ear tubes. Hopefully it goes well, and she feels okay afterward.

Expenses:
$5.78 Groceries
$50 Outpatient Surgery copay for Tuesday

No comments: