Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fundraising Blahs

I haven’t blogged in several days. I’m toying with some entries in my head, not sure I want to go there but I likely will. So my mind has been occupied by that, and I’ve been reading, doing puzzles, and irritating my husband when not playing with Julia or trying to get her to eat.

We got our first fundraiser attempt as a parent. Oh, how I hate fundraisers! Please, just charge the amount it really costs to teach my child upfront. I’ll pay it. Don’t make me hawk crap on the side. I tried to keep an open mind as I went through the 3 different brochures of crap that they want us to buy ourselves and then hawk to our friends/family. Overpriced crap. Crap you can light (candles), crap you can eat (cookie dough and candy…like I need that), and crap you can hang (Christmas decorations). And how much of the proceeds goes to the school? Yeah, it omitted that part.

Julia tore up the order form as she was playing with it. Oops, guess I can’t order anything now. ;) I’m sure this is only the first of many hundreds of fundraising attempts that I’ll be bombarded with from my own child.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

In the last 2 weeks, the school has sent home tshirt order forms, cookie dough and magazine selling stuff (WW mag was one though...so score for me!), raffle tickets, and I think there was something else, but I can't remember. UGH!