Monday, September 19, 2011

The company we keep

I was tired after last week.  Emotionally drained, physically exhausted, sinus infection, blah blah blah.  This past weekend I was useless except for fetching some groceries.  Even still, I had "begales" on my list (my husband wrote that), and I forgot to get them to Miss J's disdain.  I contend that if it was written as "bagels" as was intended, I probably wouldn't have forgotten them.  But I in my sleep deprived state saw beagles or something like that, and I had no idea that you could get them at Safeway. 

Def Leppard was good.  I was in the cheap seats, which meant I was surrounded by chain smoking meth addicts.  Just kidding...only kinda.  At least 75% of the people around me were smoking, and quite a number had serious teeth erosion for being 30-40ish years old.  And quite a number of adults were making out in the middle of the concert.  Hey, to each their own, but I was kind of lusting after the expensive seats to get away from the smoke and the potential diseases from merely touching anything. I've become quite spoiled in the past decade, surrounding myself with people who bathe regularly, pursue higher education, use utensils properly in public, and at least have some sense of self-restraint in public.  I'm a snob.  Pretty soon I'll be reciting Proust and wearing an apron as I cook Martha Stewart apple muffins. 

I took videos from my phone at the concert.  Since I was so far away and the quality of the phone camera isn't the best, it would mainly be for the audio.  I'll try to post soon.

No comments: