Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dresses, Allergies, Furnaces, Oh my!

I think I found my bridesmaid dress.  I just have to get approval from the bride.  And I was so glad to find out that the chartreuse dress is what SHE (the bride) is going to wear.  Whew.  Because chartreuse is so not my color.  My dilemma then became if she's wearing chartreuse, what color do I wear?  Let's go down the options:

Black? Nope, you can't wear black to a wedding.
White or ivory? Nope, because I'll look like the bride instead of her.
Green? Different shades of green together would look weird.
Red? If she's wearing green and I'm wearing red, we will look like Christmas in July.
Yellow? I think you can get away with yellow only if you have a really olive skin tone, which I DON'T have.
Orange? Ditto what I said to yellow.
Pink/Purple? I've never seen her wear pink or purple willingly, and I didn't want to pink out her wedding when it's not one of her favorite colors.

That leaves me with...BLUE unless I'm missing out on a color. I suppose there are brown and gray, but I thought weddings had more cheerful colors.  Hence, I tried to stick in the blue color family.

And I think I found a dress!  It's a couple inches longer than I was looking for, but I think it looks pretty good - at least on the bottom half.  That is what I find so frustrating about dresses - I can usually rock the bottom half, but with the big boobs/chest, things kind of go haywire on top.  This dress is no exception.  But I have 10 weeks, and hopefully I can work a minor miracle.  At least it zips and looks marginal even if I don't succeed in my effort.


I actually made a 10-week plan that I *think* will work to fit in the dress better - as long as I can STICK to the plan.  I have to run it by someone who is more versed in nutrition and exercise than myself, but I'm pretty sure it gets to my core problem.

Welcome to grass season!  Gah, I hate grass season.  Either I'm 1) exhausted from sneezing 100 times an hour or 2) exhausted from all the allergy meds I have to take in order to not sneeze. Whatever is in allergy meds seriously zonks me out.  Three days this week I've been out like the dead by 7pm.  On all of those days I took allergy meds.  Hmmm....

I think we've settled on a furnace dude.  He answered all of my pesky questions sufficiently plus he's going to do a little more than the others.  Plus I get a bit better vibe from him.  All in all, I'm surprised we made a decision so quickly.  Gotta call him early next week.

Actually today was fairly productive, sans the allergies!

No comments: