Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another Obsession

I love the PBS series that show current people going back in time and role playing life during a different time.  There's Colonial House, Frontier House, Manor House, 1900 House, Texas Ranch House, and I'm probably forgetting a few.  They were PBS's version of reality TV back in the day.  They are so darn...interesting.  People are inherently interesting, and then taking them into a historically accurate time to assume a role for 3 months seems like a breathtaking sociological and psychological experiment.  Plus, learning about the life back in the time period is fascinating.

Right now I'm re-watching Manor House.  I think I watched the series back in '03.  It's been a while, and I forgot many of the characters and the plot.  I wish PBS had produced even more of these series because they are so darn good.  It's like educational chocolate or something like that.

I'm forcing myself to do some writing (non-blog), and then I hope to catch a little more Manor House before I fall asleep.  :-)

No comments: