Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today's Confession

I have always been good at partitioning out people.  I admit that I've never been good at mixing my friends.  I like certain people for very different reasons, and when they get together, they are often flummoxed by each other because they are SO different from each other.  It's just easier to see scary movies with Friend A, go on a tour with Friend B, and ensure Friend A and Friend B don't meet each other because they will hate each other. I suppose my husband is exempt because he can see what I like in each person.  That's why I like him.  He knows that his only competition is Will Smith because Will Smith is pretty darn near perfect.  Will Smith can sing, and he's sitting on a pile of money, so Will might edge my husband out in some ways.  But I bet my husband is more perceptive than Will.  It's probably a toss-up when all is said and done, but Will's with Jada and I'm with my husband. 

Anyway, in addition to my friends, I also partition out my celebrity crushes.  No one can hold a candle to Will as a complete package.  However, there are some categories that Will doesn't win.

Most notably the category of The Celebrity I Want To Get High With.  For the record, I haven't been high in 15 years.  Almost to the day. Even though I have been completely straight and narrow(ish) for the past 15 years, I still have this category because, well, I'm weird.  Seth Rogen has been the holder of this notable honor in my book for a few years.  If I were to get high, I couldn't have imagined anyone better than him to get high with.  Tonight poor Seth has gone down a rung to Number Two.  First place now goes to Kevin Smith.  I have such a Celebrity I Want To Get High With crush on Kevin.  He's so awesome in an indescribable way.  I have loved his Q&A sessions, his movies, and his essence in a Celebrity I Want To Get High With kind of way.

Other categories:

Who I'd Like To Talk With for a Day - Alan Greenspan

Goth Guy - Robert Smith (The Cure)

Hottest and Most Interesting Rapper - Tupac

Who I'd Like to Eat a Meal With - John Goodman (before he got skinny)

Hottest Guy with No Morals: Eddie Cibrian

No comments: