Thursday, March 24, 2011

Need better viewing habits

My awful viewing habits are continuing.  Let's see...

I watched a few episodes of Dexter.  I'm really not sure who the target audience is.  Sure, I like gore to some degree, mysteries, sociopath psychology.  But the way he tortures his victims, it even turns my stomach.  I guess it's like how I can't take Saw and all its sequels.  I suppose I do have some limits.  Anyway, who is the target demographic - people who like Saw?  I guess there's a contingent.  It's not completely awful, but I'd rather not watch it.

Without even reading the description, I then watched The Babysitters.  It was labeled a drama.  Okey doke.  Well, it was rather sordid.  This high school girl becomes all Heidi Fleiss and pimping herself and her high school friends out under the guise of "babysitting" to earn money for college.  Of course, bad things ensue.  The girl seems straight-laced, and it didn't quite explain the transition (if there even is one) of good girl becoming a madame.  Again, not having read the description, I was like...ummm, this is weird.

Then while I was watching that movie, one of the guys seemed familiar.  I had seen him in something, what was it??  IMDB wasn't all that helpful, and I did some more searching.  Turns out he was one of the bad guys in Last House on the Left (2009 version).  For what it's worth, Last House on the Left is disturbing too.  This guy picks some interesting movies to be in, or maybe most actors would stay away from such risky ventures, so that gives him more opportunities for such roles. 

After my recent viewing history, I think I need a few episodes of The Waltons or The Brady Bunch.  Something just a bit more wholesome.

No comments: