Monday, March 21, 2011

Californication

Have you seen Californication?  I'm not a David Duchovny fan.  I get the same sort of vibe from him that I get from Richard Gere.  Have you seen interviews with either of them?  They're both kind of odd in real life.

Anyway, I watched Season 1 of Californication this weekend, and I really enjoyed it.  Surprise, surprise, since I'm not a fan of him.  Maybe because it's just so darn seedy that I liked it.  Wait, that can't be all!  Sex and the City is plenty seedy, and I could not stand that show.  Obviously I have at least one other requirement. There has to be something else that I like.  Maybe it's the brooding and detached air he has about him. I like brooding and detached.

If you haven't seen the show, then I will tell you that there's a lot of sex.  I'm not quite sure how realistic it is that multiple, random women literally throw themselves at him every day.  Each episode represents about a day, and I've watched twelve episodes, so in the span of twelve days he's been with about 20 women.  Like he goes to buy a car, and he ends up test driving both the car and the saleswoman.  Sure, Alex Rodriguez or Justin Timberlake could get that kind of action, but could a washed up writer really get that kind of action???  Am I so out of touch with reality these days that I just don't think it happens that often to most guys (sans JT and AR)?  

It is a complete double standard because women do get more offers.  Logistically it just happens more often, particularly if you're hanging out places where the alcohol is flowing or are in a coed dorm.  But still...

No comments: