Thursday, January 20, 2011

Late night thoughts

I've been wanting to do a long post for a while.  I just haven't had it in me.  This will be short, and hopefully I will be more motivated for a longer post sometime this weekend. 

Exercise: Going well.  I've worked out 15x thus far this month.  Kettlebells kick your booty - well, really your arms.  They kick your arms.  Doesn't have much of a ring to it, but it is indeed the truth.  Maybe I should have gotten a smaller kettlebell to start out with. 

Eating: Except for a few days around my birthday, I've been fairly good.  As in, I just eat my dinner, no snacks or desserts once I get home (unless you count blueberries).  I've majorly upped my fruits and veggies, which were already high to begin with.   Work dessert treats still abound though, but I am trying to limit them.

Weight: Still stagnant.  Still 4 or so pounds away from changing my FB profile pic. What - it's only been 4 or so months, you expect me to actually lose a pound or two???? HA (evidently)!!!

Body fat: In "fitness" range, which I must remind the world is BELOW average.  BMI, on the other hand, is technically "overweight" by a hair or two.  I struggle with this inconsistency.  I'm blaming it on my big boobs and big bones.  Just let me live in my fantasy world.  At least I don't call myself a vegan.

Dewey Project: I keep picking away at the books.  I must remind myself that I only started it in September, and I've read 50 non-fiction books since then.  Pretty darn awesome considering what else is on my plate. 

Minor Annoyance: Julia fell onto my glasses, which I usually only wear at home.  My dear husband tried to bend them back, but in the process he broke them.  I'm one week into the 2-3 week wait for new glasses.  I'm using an oooold pair now (as in last millennium old), which pinch me behind the ear and they are bent too, which means they sit wrong....long story short, I'm going to go crazy by the time the new ones get here.  Hurry up, glasses!

Delusional Vegan ate meat lasagna (meat AND cheese).  I had to really, really hold my tongue on that one. 

First waxing experience:  Remember I have had abdominal surgery, sinus surgery and wisdom tooth surgery with no pain meds afterward.  But for some reason, I think I will need Percocet if I ever get anything waxed again.  Dang that hurts!

Existential crises: Still processing. 

No comments: