Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Fever

I love reading blogs.  There's something nice about having lots of reading about other people's lives when I snuggle with my laptop after Julia goes to bed.  Yes, I snuggle with my laptop ... for warmth, of course.  I'm also quite a voyeur when I take walks at night.  I love seeing what people are doing; it's never anything very interesting.  But one day, one day I will see something interesting. Scratch that, I do see interesting stuff when I go to walk at Ann's house.

For being a loner, I sure am interested in other people.  What's up with that?

Fall is my favorite season.  I love everything about it: pumpkin, the holidays (Halloween and Thanksgiving), the cold, the leaves, fireplaces, all of it.  Most people tend to favor Christmas in the holiday lineup.  I have never fallen in love with Christmas.  Gift giving stresses me out.   I don't like getting gifts.  It's too commercial.  Family get togethers are stressful.  Give me Halloween and a quiet Thanksgiving, a pumpkin pie, and a fire in the fireplace & I'm happy as can be. 

Do you know that during my entire dating life (ages 15-19), I started dating someone in late September/October?  Five years = five different guys.  There's some magic about fall, for sure, at least for me.  Walking through crunchy leaves hand-in-hand, fireplaces, the beach on a cool fall day, making cookies, hikes in the woods.  They're all dating perfection.  Best. Dates. Ever.

No comments: