Friday, February 15, 2013

The Best Kind of Sick

My daughter has been banished from preschool due to pink eye. It is inconvenient, contagious & kind of itchy, but my work is flexible so that I can work from home for today. My husband handled yesterday.

She's not too whiny. She's eating. She's not throwing up. My biggest complaint is that she's a bit like a caged animal now on Day 2 of exile. "Mommy, when can I go back to school?" "Mommy, do you think my friends are having fun at school right now?"

It's a 3-day weekend for her and me. Not so much for my husband since they don't celebrate much in the way of holidays. He works in health care, so I suppose they think people get sick even on holidays or something like that. The good is that it's a 3-day weekend for me although I'll likely work some. The bad is that she will be home for 5 days straight and likely climbing the walls by Monday.

And so will I. 

 


No comments: