Monday, August 27, 2012

Hair

I struggle with some of the things that are automatic for others. Most notably, I don't know my own hair or eye color.

For the record, I'm not color blind. I'm just an idiot.

My eyes are a weird bluish/greenish/grayish/gold-ish cacophony. I don't know whether to round my cacophony to hazel or blue. I usually pick blue because hazel brings to mind a light shade of brown. Nothing's wrong with hazel; it's merely that my eyes are closer to blue than brown. Usually I round to blue for that reason.

My hair, though, totally befuddles me. I have no idea what color it is. I haven't dyed it since 2007, so right now I'm dealing with my completely natural color. Back in '03, I dyed my hair BLACK. Permanent BLACK. That was a bad idea because I totally looked goth. It took forever to get my hair completely back to "normal," and I ended up getting addicted to hair dye to ease my transition back to what it used to be.

After 5 years of having completely natural hair now, I am stymied by those little questionnaires that ask your hair color. I simply have no idea what color my hair is. Some people are adamant that I have red hair. I don't think I have red hair since I don't see any red. A few others say I have brown hair. If you think of the huge spectrum of brown hair, it's definitely on the lighter side of brown. Then there are others that say I have blond hair. The sun has really lightened my hair this year, and there are definitely strands that I would consider blond. On the whole, though, I'm not completely blond.

I suppose, then, my hair is brown. Light brown with blond and red highlights, just to cover all of the bases.

Since this is a complete nonsense post, I will add a P.S.

P.S. I want to grow out my hair for Locks of Love, and it's getting really, really long. But I've still got to grow it another 6-8 inches; I'm not sure I'll last that long without hacking at it.

No comments: