Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pantene vs. boobs/eyes/smile/personality

There was an interesting study that came out a few months ago. I thought I had ranted about it here, but apparently I hadn't and had instead just ranted about it in my head.

Pantene funded a study. This study concluded that 74% of men indicated that they notice women because of their hair and 44% of men surveyed said that hair is the first thing they notice about a woman.

Don't you wonder how this study was done? Was it like how they do their hair commercials? You know, a woman is hanging upside down with 12 feet of red hair cascading down. There's really nothing else to look at BUT her hair. Did she even have a body? Or was she in a sack with that 12 feet of aforementioned hair?

I think the "study" is hogwash.Maybe I give men a little too much credit, but I think they take in the whole package: overall body, eyes, smile, legs, etc. I sincerely doubt hair makes it or breaks it unless a guy has a specific preference (i.e., long hair), and the woman in question has an opposite quality (i.e., very little hair). Even then, it could be remedied naturally with time or artificially.

I think the study is completely biased in its administration.

But the thought that I could sign up for daily Krispy Kreme delivery since my body is irrelevant to my husband makes me smile. All I need to do is dutifully wash my hair with Pantene and neglect the rest. Sign. Me. Up!

No comments: