Tuesday, May 29, 2012

3 day weekend

I'm tired, and it's only the end of the weekend. I'm not sure HOW I'm getting through the rest of this week if I'm tired before even going back to work. On Wednesday I'm going up to B'ham (3 hour drive each way) for a 7-hour meeting with my least favorite person in the world, so it's going to suck big-time to spend 13 hours with my least favorite person. J's party is on Saturday, and my husband is making and decorating a big cake on Thursday and Friday. And J is asking every five minutes when her party is.

Today (on Monday) my husband, J, my mom & I took a 1.5 hour drive to see S's parents, 1 of J's cousins who lives on a tropical island and is in town, and S's brother's two boys.

S's brother lives in a duplex. It's kind of small, and 9 of us in a small space was tight. Then there was the remote control volume war. S's dad and the little cousins kept turning up the TV to a mind-numbing level. My husband and I kept turning it down. Between all the yelling and the ear-piercing TV, we wanted to crawl into the fetal position and rock back and forth. 

We came home, and I passed out until midnight.

No comments: