Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Where is the willpower?

I haven't blogged in a while. Dang it. I really want to get my blogging frequency back up to where it used to be.

Work is crazy. I've been busy. There's been drama. I like being busy, but I loathe drama.

My Jackie Warner theory is holding for my quality of sleep. Tonight's another test.

Workouts are going well. Eating not so well. Even if I exercise for 2 hours, I pretty much eliminate all of the benefit by eating half a bag of Doritos and two handfuls of jelly beans. :-(  I have the perfect idea. Well, the best idea is to go on Survivor and eat bugs for a few months. But since the likelihood of that happening is nil (remember, I hate drama), the next best option is to only eat food from the Asian grocery store. Seriously. There's tons of fruits, veggies, rice & fish (so much fish that you can smell it when you walk in the door). They do have snacks and goodies, but honestly the snacks are nowhere near as yummy as American snacks to me.

Why is this so hard? I suppose I've developed some horrible habits. I have a low amount of willpower. And I'm a hedonist. Not excuses at all, but I've really got to lay down the law with myself.

Tomorrow, Thursday, I can only eat what is sold in the Asian grocery store. If I get desperate for some snacks, I can go to the Asian food store and experiment.

No comments: