Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Exercise

Last night I did a Jackie Warner workout video. I've tried so many by different people, and for some reason I gravitate to this particular video.  It makes time go by fast. She's not annoying. The exercises seem the perfect difficulty. There's no choreography.

I'm not sure if it's coincidence, but after the workout I collapsed in bed, read 20 pages, and then fell asleep. All. Night. Long. It was heaven to sleep through the night since I'm the queen of insomnia.

Everyone seems to say that exercising at night is bad. I give kudos to those people who wake up at o' dark 30 and work out. I just can't. In the rare instance that I'm actually awake before my alarm goes off, I'd rather stay in bed and read or play on the computer than working out. I'm just not a morning person. So if it isn't evening exercise, it would be no exercise at all. People ask me how I can exercise so late and then go to sleep right away. I dunno.

I think I'm going to try another JW video before bed tonight. If I sleep through the night again, I think I've found a magical sleep aid to add to my repertoire.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

On the evenings I work out, I don't sleep any better. I must try this Jackie Warner business!

B said...

I'm not claiming it will work for you, but worth a try, right?