Friday, October 21, 2011

Looking ahead to November

November is going to be an interesting month.  On the 5th I'm doing a training on the other side of the state.  I will only have 2 weeks to prepare for giving a 4 hour training.  I'm a little nervous about preparing curriculum, but I think I can do it, even on the short timeline. 

S and I are doing a 5k on Thanksgiving.  I've done enough training for it (I think I've done the route 6-7x now) that I think I will actually follow through the day of.  My running is lackluster, particularly the last mile that is uphill (why is the last mile on a steep upward incline?). 

I think I'm doing NaNoWriMo.  I think I can ... I think.  Or at least I can make a dent in it. If I think of it as one gigantic blog entry with a plot and characters, maybe I'll be able to pull it off.  I actually have an idea, but it's a topic I'm not very familiar with.  So I may need to do some prep before starting.

If you combine giving the training, doing the 5k and the preceding training to do the 5k, plus NaNoWriMo, you get an atypical but interesting month. 

S just finished the tile job in the main bath upstairs.  We saved about $400 by him doing it, and he spent about 60 hours on it.  Don't do the math on it because it would be too depressing.  But it looks good. 

1 comment:

Marie Tere said...

way to go on the 5K. I'll be rooting for you and S as I stuff my face in t-day. And I don't know what a NaNoWriMo is, but good luck with that too.