Sunday, September 1, 2013

August By The Numbers

Sorry it's been a while. I've felt "off" lately. Work's been busy, I had jury duty, but there's something else - something's "off." I don't precisely know what it is, or it could be recovering from a weirdly disjointed month.

Anyway, it's been a good month for everything but exercising. August has been hot and muggy, both deterrents to me going outside much. I went to a fancy schmancy hotel with free food for a few days in mid-August AND had many meals out in mid-August (like 8 meals out in one week). Less exercise and eating out could have set me up for gaining even more after Julypalooza. However, I kept it in check and actually lost weight. I'm practically back to where I was at the beginning of July, in fact. I've been trying to be more diligent in knowing what I'm eating. I had 8 clean days, my record thus far in one month. I don't think I've EVER lost this much in a month. (Although it's not a real loss, it's just shedding what I gained last month.)

I had a great reading month too: 16 books. Jury duty helped with that. For five days, I was holed up in a jury room. There's only so much work I can do with just my phone. That was nice that I could get something done while sitting sitting sitting.

Determined to make it a good September even though it's going to be odd with J starting school, I have to testify at a court case, I'm giving a training, I'm starting a high-profile work project, etc. Yeah, September's going to be kind of crazy; I'm glad I have here as an outlet. 

No comments: