Monday, November 26, 2012

NaNo: Coming to a Close

I'm on the tail end of NaNoWriMo. As of this moment, my word count is 48,003. I need to get to 50,000, which is completely attainable since I have 4 additional days in which to cross the finish line. Unless I get hit by a bus in the next couple of days, it will be my second NaNoWriMo down. Two novels written (at least in word count only) in the past 13 months.

I wonder when or if the sense of elation will hit me. Right now I'm still in the "eh" phase.

I hate that about myself. I'm so unimpressed by things.

I want to want something with all of my heart. I want to go after it with passion and zeal. I want to continue to want it, even if it doesn't want me back. I don't want to give up. I want to persevere, eventually conquering it with a euphoria that lasts long after the victory.

Alas, I doubt that will happen in this instance. I will go back to my normal, which will be reading books that sound interesting to me, writing, editing my NaNo pieces, finding quirky things to watch on Netflix, napping, chastising myself for not taking more pictures, etc.





No comments: