Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Nano Compeleted

Nanowrimo is over! I think I already said this, but I cheated and started in October. I think the point of Nano is to write an amount equivalent to a book each year, and I know how hard it is to write 50,000 cohesive words in one month on top of working full-time and having a child & husband. So, yeah, I started in October to make sure I had enough time.


I am still most proud of my first Nano in 2011. I'm not sure if it's because it was my first or if it was the best of the four. I think both perhaps. It definitely had the most structure of the four.


I know I'm supposed to go back and rewrite/edit after completing each one, but I never seem to do that. I just go full-force back into reading for enjoyment until the next Nano comes around. More than likely, none of my Nanos will ever see the light of day. And that's okay. I wrote four (piss poor) novels! :)


In other news, there's not much news. Plodding along.


My daughter got her first report card of first grade yesterday. It reads more like a horoscope than a report card. I do see a theme through kindergarten and first grade. She's doing well socially by being respectful and kind to others (YAY!), except her one sad spot: "articulating own needs." Much like her father and me, she's not good at asking for help. She's the type to suffer in silence. There are those kids who will give you a litany of twelve things that they are irritated about (it's cold out, hungry, someone was "mean" to them, etc.), but she's not one of those. I didn't want to raise a kid like that, and I was raised to suck it up. But be careful what you try to cultivate because there's a downside.


The horoscope part of her report card: "She is a gentle spirit with a kind heart and steel core." In the next sentence, she's "serious" and "easy-going." My husband said his interpretation was that she's serious about school but easy-going to work with. Not sure.


Overall, quite please with Little J's progress. I wonder if she will harness some Rage Against the Machine soon. Just a little, not a lot.


In other news, it's been as cold as a witch's tit here (my grandfather used to say that all the time!).

No comments: