Monday, August 1, 2011

An extra 35 minutes is nice

It's nice to have S's parents here.  On work days when they're here, we don't have to worry about getting Miss J up, getting her ready, taking her to daycare, picking her up from daycare, etc. Before having a child, I used to wake up at 7am to get to work at 8am. Shower, get dressed, pack breakfast and lunch, drive to work in an hour.  Yes, I am efficient.  Since she's been here, I get up at 6:10am.  Blah, lose 50 minutes of sleep (or more, if she wakes up in the middle of the night).  Today I woke up at 6:45am, and tomorrow I could probably stretch that to 7am, but I like the extra cushion just in case.

And they tire her out so much and don't give her a nap.  That means she goes to sleep within 5 minutes of putting her to bed, and that means we don't have to deal with the 2 hour ritual of her needing to pee 12x and getting 4 glasses of water and needing a monster exorcism and the list of her excuses is extremely long.  The kid really doesn't need a lot of sleep, so the nap at school cuts into her at home sleep time.  

I don't really have much to blog about tonight, or rather I don't have the mental energy and I'm not upset about anything.  Probably should go to bed a little early and then sleep in those precious 35 minutes tomorrow morning.

No comments: