Wednesday, November 3, 2010

4.3 to a new picture

One of my friends is challenging herself to lose 10 pounds, and she can't change her FB profile pic until she does.  She calls it the humiliation diet because she's not fond of the pic she has posted.  I kind of like that tactic (nothing else has worked for me thus far), so I'm stealing it and modifying it for my own situation. I said I won't change my profile pic until I lose 4.3 pounds.  I haven't changed my picture since July, so I'm itching to change it and this will give me some motivation.  4.3 pounds won't put me exactly where I want to be, but it will be close enough that I will be content, particularly because the holidays are approaching, and let's face it, I wanna have a few sugar cookies with frosting.

4.3 pounds.  Yes, I know HOW to do it.  Exercise regularly, eat less calories, blah blah blah.

If I had bulimia, I'd have a certain advantage.  But, alas, I don't.  I threw up once in 1994 and twice in 2009.  Three times in 20 years.  I think I'm good until the year 2020 at least.   Although I have to admit that there were plenty of times I wish I had bulimia, and two of those times may have occurred in the past few days as I was gorging on Halloween candy (sigh).

I ran in October, and I ended up gaining a few pounds.  Blah.

I did a cleanse, gosh, was it March or April.  I gained weight!  How can you gain weight on a cleanse?  I dunno, but I did.

I really like the Lose It app on my phone.  I need to track, track, track what I eat.  And not gorge on Halloween candy.  Even if there were 0 trick or treaters and Julia got a buttload of candy herself, that's no reason for me to raid her stash.

And exercise.  Need to exercise, which I actually do.  I need to focus on the exercises I like to do because it seems easier that way: pilates and strength training.  My uber exerciser friend Rachel says strength training is where you lose weight, which I know sounds counter intuitive.  But since my cardio running experiments always resulted in gaining weight, I'm actually going to listen to her advice this time. 

So 4.3 pounds to a new picture!  I'm hoping this doesn't take an eternity.  A month sounds reasonable, except for Thanksgiving.  Dang it, Thanksgiving!

No comments: